To ensure the durability, strong adhesion and effectiveness of your reflective marking tape, it’s important to correctly apply the reflective tape to your vehicle, equipment, or property. Proper application also helps to ensure that your warranty is valid.
Step 1: Check the weather
For optimum adhesion and durability, adhesive reflective tapes should be applied when the temperature is between 50°-100°F (10°-38°C).
If the temperature is above 100°F, take care to avoid pre-adhesion. If the temperature is below 50°F, heat the application surface using portable heaters or heat lamps, and store the markings in a hotbox to keep them above 50°F.
Step 2: Get the right tools
Here are the tools you need to apply reflective warning tape:
1、Scissors or a utility knife with a sharp blade for cutting.
2、A scraper or roller applies pressure to the surface of the reflective tape.
3、Rivet tool, if you're dealing with rivets. You can also cut rivets.
Step 3: Clean the surface
For proper adhesion, clean any surface to which the exterior reflective tape will be applied:
1. Wash the surface with detergent and water to remove dirt and road film.
2. Rinse the cleaned area with plain, clean water to remove detergent. Soap film can inhibit adhesion.
3. Wipe with a lint-free paper towel moistened with a non-oily quick-drying solvent (such as isopropyl alcohol, acetone).
4. Immediately dry the surface with a clean, dry, lint-free paper towel, paying close attention to rivets, seams and door hinge areas, before the solvent has completely evaporated.
Step 4: Attach the high visibility reflective tape
1. Remove the backing paper and stick the reflective tape on the application surface.
2. Gently pin down to hold the reflective tape in place.
3. Press the reflective tape against the application surface by hand.
4. Use your spatula (or other applicator) to press down on the reflective tape in firm, overlapping strokes.
5. If there are hinges, latches, or other hardware, cut the tape back about ⅛ inch to avoid bending.
6. To stick on the rivet, please stick the reflective tape on the rivet firmly. Leave a bridge over the rivet head. Use a rivet punch to cut the tape around the rivets. Remove the tape from the rivet head. Squeegee around rivets.
Post time: May-11-2023